A RIVER OF CONSCIOUSNESS:
A lot’s happened since the last time we made a recording, but here I am, once again, listening to Eli rip at the drums. Fills me with strength all over again; skinny bastard’s still, like, seventeen. Perpetually stuck on what I’m going to ‘do’ with myself, but my dad said the same thing the other day, which was comforting.
Things on my mind related and not related to these singles:
1. Really realizing: people gotta help other people out.
2. Might be in love again (not with Eli)
3. Meditating on the dualities of partying
4. Frustrated with people who knee-jerk hate contemporary art; music and film, specifically, I think repel people because they require a time commitment. We fear that level of immersion, but that’s what makes things powerful.
5. Getting out there. In every way. Don’t be complacent. You are young. Youth means always exploring. You don’t have a ‘career’. You’re not ‘from’ anywhere. There’s no one place in the world you can live. For most of us, there isn’t only one thing we can do. The thing they don’t tell you, of course, is that you’re always young.
Anyway I have to run, as usual. I hope these songs infect you the way they do us. Have a great time (all the time), but don’t forget to sit down and really work at something every now and then. If you can’t think of something to make, think of a new way to help someone else. Get out there, goddamnit!
New York City, 2010
released 18 September 2010
Mohawk Talk: Eli Kaufman/Alex Tatusian/Caitlin Sullivan/Alex Neuss
Engineered/Mixed by Raj Sidhu
feeds for ,